Monday, June 30, 2008

Writing Promt: Describe your mood today

WRITING PROMPT: Describe your mood today. Are you happy? Sad? Meloncholy? Angry? Think about a word that really describes you today and write about it. Once you begin, do NOT edit or fix. Just write.

exhausted

When I really thought about what word I would use to describe
myself today my first thoughts were dark, moody, stressed,
overwhelmed...... but I think that exhausted covers all of it.
I feel like I could check into a motel, fall into bed and sleep
for a month or more. I hate being home because it reminds me
of all the things I need to do: the floors need washed, the toilet
is disgusting, there are always dishes and laundry, the puppies
need attention, the kids' rooms are a crazy mess.....and I have a
hard time relaxing when I am here.
I want to go somewhere by myself. I want a nice hard bed to
sleep on with lots of pillows. I want to be able to close the curtains,
turn on the air conditioner, take off my constricting clothes and crawl
naked under soft sheets and blankets that smell vaguely of bleach. I
would love to have the TV and remote all to myself. I would love have
my writing journal laying open on the table and not worry about
others seeing it. I would love to have hour upon hour to write,
unabashed, unabridged, unfettered. I would love room service to
bring me MY food and then take away the dishes when I am
finished. I would love for my phone NOT to ring. I would love to take
a nap in the afternoon without feeling guilty. The thought of
"checking out" of my life for 48 hours outside of my home sounds
like a dream. I don't want a spa or a massage. I don't want to see
or talk to anybody. I don't want to smile at strangers. I don't want
to put make up on or do my hair. I'd come home happy, relaxed,
refreshed, renewed, ready to take on the floors! It sounds like I do
not appreciate my life but I do; I could not ask for a better one.
Although it's easy to get lost in your own life and not be able to find
your way back to YOU. I think spending a weekend in a hotel alone
would help me find ME again.

Yes, I am exhausted.

No comments: