Sunday, June 15, 2008

Writing Prompt: FIND THREE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT PICTURES OF YOURSELF

FIND THREE EXTREMELY DIFFERENT PICTURES OF YOURSELF.
Crop and edit them into different styles, looks, colors, text. Paste
them on your website if you can. Write about why you chose each
picture. Do not criticize or critique. Do not edit your writing
although explain why you edited each photo the way you did.
Let your thoughts guide your hand.

Oh my god what could be worse than
looking at pictures of myself! One thing
I discovered during my painful and
lengthy search of suitable photos was
was that there are not a TON of pictures
pictures of just me. That's because I
am always the one behind the camera.
(Note to self: my kids might not like that
someday when I am dead and
gone.)

I am my own worst critic!
But I won't go there this time. I must follow my
guidelines. All I can say is thank GOD few if anybody
will see this post. And to think that I have to do two
more of these.

I chose this picture because I am wearing a version
of a cowboy/girl hat which I have NEVER worn before
or after this particular picture was taken!

One of my sisters and I and a good friend were
messing around one day taking pictures for said
friend's match.com site. So we decided just to goof
around and take a bunch of dorky pictures. I would
NEVER wear this kind of hat in public, that's why it
stood out as something I should use for this exercise.
I also noticed upon further examination that I look
nervous; I loathe pictures. I am not looking at the
camera and I can tell that I am thinking I would
rather be ANYWHERE but right there.

I have zero editing skills, so I just messed around
with the lighting and color until I thought it looked
cool.

No comments: